Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Are we in a hurry?

Does life seem to pass some people by? Maybe. Does it appear that technological advances have created a world of urgency? Many people are so ready to speed through life. They want the fancy clothes, the nice lifestyle, the fast cars, marriage, kids, the whole nine and don't really want to work for it. I'll admit I'm one of those people. I don't want the materialist things. I want the family, the husband, the kids. Why rush? I'm young. I have my whole life ahead of me, right? Well, what am I really doing all of this for? Am I working and going to school to become a hot shot lawyer, drive a Lambo on the weekend and an Acura TL during the week? Am I doing this to gain fame and make a name for myself? I thought I was doing this to have a better life. Make sure my children would be well taken care of. To make sure when I do get married I don't need a sponsor and a husband to take care of me. As of today, I know that I'm bettering myself but I don't know what I want in life. For the first time I feel like my life is at a standstill. I truly have no idea where I am right now. I thought I was living life for me and my goals but I think I might have had other's dreams in my reach and was living my life for them. I have to recharge and see what it is I yearn for and what it is I truly want. Rush? For what? If I rush life will surely pass me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment