Thursday, April 1, 2010

Some People Really Have No Clue

I've been looking for something all week to inspire me to write a blog. I was at my wits end and didn't think anything worthy was going to come about. On tuesday, I was overlooking someone's college resume. They had a GPA higher than a 3.5, which made me a tad jealous. Envious may be the better word. Anyway, I look over the resume again and notice they had achieved that GPA while working a 14 hour work week. Maybe this is impressive to some, but I was taken aback with shock. I'm busting my butt to raise my GPA to a 3.0. Currently it's a 2.9. I work 40 hour work weeks at a minimum. There were semesters I worked 50 plus hours and maintained a 3.0 or higher for the sememster. As I sat back I realized one important think- never be envious of anyone if you're proud of your own achievements. If I only worked 14 hours a week, I'd had a 3.5 or higher as well. This has been one of the easiest lessons to learn in life. Too bad they can't all be this easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment