Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday From H3LL

Dictionary.com defines obstacles as something interferes with or prevents action or progress. My definition of obstacle is a stepping stone for character building. Today has been one of the most trying days I've had in a long time.
I stayed up until 1:30 am trying to finish homework and get things in order for this weekend. Getting up for work was a drag but instead of hitting snooze and going back to sleep I forced myself to get up. Once I got to work, the obstacles started to show. I had to print a ton of documents that I would need for later tonight. I'm multitasking and doing research, all why trying to complete a few last minute homework assignments. I'm running on autopilot until a customer decides to be belligerent and jolt my back to the present. Not only did I remain professional (which I had to do), justice was served because my managers backed me up. A small victory in my book.
Then I discover that I could have registered for my classes a week ago but needed clearance from my adviser. That took 3 hours but I was able to register for 2 classes that I didn't even need. The classes I did need were either not offered or were full. I took it with a smile and called school to see if there was something that could be done. I wasn't going to let one class stop me from graduating. I'm still waiting to hear back on that but I have an eerie sense of peace, although a storm is brewing inside. So, today I was stretched. I was tested to my limit and continued to grow and surprise even myself. Obstacles? Yeah right! Until the storm is brought to a head, I will continue to stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment