Tuesday, February 23, 2010

If you're racist don't read this blog lol

We were talking about racism and its effects in class yesterday. It's a touchy subject and it's hard to change the mind of anyone who doesn't welcome change. I think it is sad when we live in a world where people are so blind that skin color actually matters. I can't even fathom where the idea came from. I understand Columbus came to America and made the Native Americans slaves (which is why Columbus day is a joke and not nationally celebrated anymore, ha) and took them to England, etc. But when did it become a "fact" that black is bad? Dark skin is evil? It's not like the black people ravaged and pillaged and started knocking a bunch of white people over the head. They were just people who were uneducated because of their culture and the white man saw a way to make a quick buck. Some of the slaves were so submissive. How could submission be viewed as a threat? I find it so hard to even look through that eye because I think it's ignorant. How you are raised is how you are raised. But once you become an adult, you are your own person. You make your own ideas, probably pay your own bills, SO GET YOUR OWN IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black, Brown, Yellow, whatever, does not = stupid or threat. For God's sake, the Simpsons are yellow and that's only a few shades away from being black if you want to talk cartoon colors. White people and half of America loved the Simpsons. I think racism is a joke. It is very real but the idea that people can't get along because of their color is sickening. Hate me because I don't have a penis. Hate me because my smile is too bright. Hate me because my big toe is slightly larger than normal, but don't hate me because of my color. I can probably do the job just as well or better. Minorities are taking over, so get with it or perish and leave the color loving people here to share a world or harmony and unity. That's harsh, but hey everyone has to kick rocks some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment