Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just One of Those Days

Yesterday looked promising. I used past tense because I truly felt it would be a great day when I woke up that morning. I got dressed and felt confident. It was casual day at work so I was really relaxed and laid back. Too bad my day didn't remain that way. I was super excited because I had set an appointment with an academic advisor to complete all the criteria I needed to cover prior to graduation. I have 2 weeks of vacation time and a personal day I can use, yet I wasn't able to get the day off. That kind of mad me upset a little but it's corporate American, so what are ya' gonna do?
I did skip one crucial detail. I should have known how my day was going to turn out before I even set foot in work. I had on these really cute pumps that I've only worn twice. I was walking to the door from my car and slipped over the speed hump. I didn't fall! But I did see my life flash before my eyes. Instead of saying, "Hey, it's going to be a crappy day", I took the optimistic high road and pressed forward.
Moving forward, my computer kept shutting down on me. I slipped again leaving work, and I stayed up all night trying to complete an assignment I didn't believe in anyway. The assignment had no direction or guidance, yet my teacher expects us to "get it" and come up with a perfect project. She's off her rockers. But not one to complain, I do my best and hope that when I turn in my assignment today, it we at least be satisfactory in her opinion. It wasn't until 1AM that I finally was able to rest and but my crazy day behind me. I can't wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment