Thursday, March 25, 2010

2010 Census

This morning my sister and I were discussing the census. It's mandatory the document be filled out. My sister was in a rage and fussing. I had no idea what was wrong. The census now has three classifications for Black people: Black, African-American, and Negro. I couldn't believe it. My question is, what is the difference between the three? What makes those categories so unique that it needed 3 names? That's racist as hell. So, before we started tossing the race card, I asked my sister, "Would it matter if the form was created by a Black or a White". She answered, "Absolutely not!" It didn't matter the color of the person that created the form, it was the categories that the form displayed. I personally feel that it is a racist act. It's equivalent to putting White/Caucasian/Cracker. Not only is that offensive but politically incorrect. Have we succumb to a world who just doesn't give a f@#* who they offend? So, my sister's plan of action is to cross off Negro , add Caucasian and Cracker to the form, and mail it back. It's a bold move but it's principles that matter. I think it's wrong but a necessary move. The "people" need to see that this labeling was not a good move. The nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment