Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Break

Spring break was quiet surprisingly. I did hang out with friends, but for the most part I enjoyed spending time with family and watching movie. I saw this one movie, Grapes on a Vine. Whatever you do, do not see this movie. The plot of the movie was great. The execution was poor. The director was an actor in the film (God rest his soul) and he should have spent more time directing than acting. I just thought is was distasteful and poorly done. Black people want to stick to their roots. I get that. Black Power!!! But seriously, if you ever want to make it in mainstream America, know your audience. If that movie was for black people, I feel offended. I'm more intelligent than that and that movie played on my intelligence. If you are a screen writer or a film student and hope to produce a movie that will make it to the big screen, save your money, get investors, and make a movie that doesn't make people say, "is he/she retarded". You'll do yourself more harm than good. I know this guy did. But anyway, spring break was cool but now it's back to the grind of homework, lots of reading, and long hours. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment