Monday, March 8, 2010

Making God Laugh

If you want to make God laugh, tell him you have a plan. Whether you believe in God, a higher being, or nothing at all, everyone can agree that plans don't always go.... as, well, planned. Slowly but surely I'm learning to take the bull by the horns and live life in the moment. That is so hard for me. I like to have everything planned, organized. Even when I have a messy room, I can tell you where each pair of shoes are and what goes where. That's just the way I process things. I love being a Christian but sometimes it's really hard to blindly go into a plan and trust that everything will work out in your favor. God hasn't steered me wrong yet. He's let me trip and stumble and bust my butt a few times, but at the end of the day, I was able to look back and laugh. So, if you ever want to test God's sense of humor, tell Him your plan. That will be the biggest joke of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment