Friday, March 19, 2010

Music

It's amazing how music can affect us. When we hear a song that we've heard before, it's almost as if our brains triggers that time and moment when the song was first heard. When I heard "Have You Ever" by Brandy, I remember being in middle school, sitting on the benches during recess, with the long Moesha braids, chilling. I remember the boy I crushed on and made me sing the song while thinking of him. I was chatting with a friend and we were listening to music and it was just so funny and true when he described his memory to that song. I love to see how active our memory truly is. Something as simply as a song can make certain people remember things from back in the 70's. Maybe doctors should use music therapy to trigger memories. Maybe they do, but I think a lot of medical breakthroughs could come from music. A-ma-zing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment